- 15 ounces or 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 3/4 ounces or 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 ounces or 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 5/8 ounces or 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 1/4 ounces or 3/4 cups vanilla sugar or granulated sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 1/4 ounces or 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chopped strawberries in a baking dish (11" x 7") and sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar on top. Roast strawberries for 15 while oven is preheating. Set aside and cool for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease Bundt pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- With stand or hand mixer, cream together butter, vanilla sugar (or granulated sugar), and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time to the butter/sugar mixture, beating each one well.
- Puree strawberries and yogurt until smooth.
- Add strawberry/yogurt puree to batter.
- Add vanilla extract and food coloring to batter. Mix until smooth and color is even throughout.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into greased Bundt pan. Bake 50 - 53 minutes or until the the center of the cake is done.
- Remove from oven and cool pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and continue cooling.
This cake is scrumptious topped with a White Chocolate Ganache.